1. Clear goals (expectations and rules are discernable).
2. Concentrating and focusing, a high degree of concentration on a limited field of attention (a person engaged in the activity will have the opportunity to focus and to delve deeply into it).
3. A loss of the feeling of self-consciousness, the merging of action and awareness.
4. Distorted sense of time – our subjective experience of time is altered.
5. Direct and immediate feedback (successes and failures in the course of the activity are apparent, so that behavior can be adjusted as needed).
6. Balance between ability level and challenge (the activity is neither too easy nor too difficult).
7. A sense of personal control over the situation or activity.
8. The activity is intrinsically rewarding, so there is an effortlessness of action.
Not all of these components are needed for flow to be experienced.
I get the impression that what you’re objecting to is use of those code phrases as conversation stoppers. In my experience, others talking about “common sense” is just about always a big fluorescent red flag; “intuition”, less often. So my gut (intuition?) says your heuristic is about half right.
Intuition is really a blanket word for a lot of things we feel as testers, while we are doing our tasks. Words I see in this conversation and think of myself include: suspect/suspicion, discomfort, uncertainty, eureka moments, epiphany, introspection, clarity, “know” with quotes, “it clicks”, focus, flow, just makes sense (to someone), obviousness or apparent notions, recognizing useful creative similarity, recognizing useful analogies, past experience informing present action, past frustration and obstacles associating by analogy, hunches, etc. (feel free to pare down this list before posting it)
While the free essays can give you inspiration for writing, they cannot be used 'as is' because they will not meet your assignment's requirements. If you are in a time crunch, then you need a custom written term paper on your subject (thomas paine common sense)
Here you can hire an independent writer/researcher to custom write you an authentic essay to your specifications that will pass any plagiarism test (e.g. Turnitin). Waste no more time!